Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Sunshine State, Part Two

Let's see. Where was I? As I finish my gustatory adventure, Amy drops me off at my Babymama time-share in the people-factory that is Orlando. We go to the Magic Kingdom, which perhaps has replaced the Statue of Liberty as the primary symbol for America. We take the boat over, as I imagine Neil Diamond sing "We're coming to America!"





We do Space Mountian, Pirates of the Carribean, the Haunted Mansion, all that jazz. Still, my favorite ride at Disney is the ride referred to on South Park as "the waiting in line" ride. Properly done, the waiting in line ride offers a chance to sort through the crush of humanity to play fun games. One of the games that my oldest son, Davis, and I played was spot the faux-sports figure. Fat, white Shaquille O'Neals. Adolescent Peyton Mannings. The Tom Bradys were out in force. Hunting Bradys became our favorite. Twin Bradys seemed to be tailing us, but I couldn't seem to get both their pictures at the same time (I guess I just could have asked them, but where's the fun in that?).




The Magic Kingdom: The Happiest Place on Earth!












Davis and Superdave, daughter Caroline and her beau.
















Tomorrow: the Ride Home






6 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

Dave,
The best present I received this Christmas: Not being invited to join yall at the "Magic" Kingdom!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

Oh, and how's the zapping of the word verification coming along?

Chase Squires said...

to get rid of word verification, from the main dashboard, go to 'settings' then 'comments' .. it's in there ... as for adding other blogs, I do mine from 'settings' then "template" but I think I had one built in from when I created the blog, so I just coppied and pasted the coding and added the new blogs, not sure how you do it from scratch .... when all else fails, click "help" and try finding it in there on the main dashboard page.

superdave524 said...

Um, AndyMan, I believe I did ask you about DidKnee. I think the prospect of hanging out with Tina was not particularly agreeable witch chew. I think I've got one day left on a multi-day pass (good, I think, until next Tuesday), if you want it.

Mr. Matt said...

Dave,
I reckon I'd like that pass, but I don't think I could get it soon enough. As for the invite, I thought it was only good for that one day, I didn't know you were going for like a whole month!
AMan

Chase Squires said...

Disney.

Ick.

superdave524 said...

Davis and I were counting the number of smiling people versus the number of bored, tired, or frowning faces. Maybe one smile to every ten or eleven of the other, which is probably why you can find lots of Grumpy hats and shirts in their stores, but not so many Happy ones. I love the guy in the stoller in the middle picture, but the bored and angry looks of the other mooks in that picture interested me, too.