Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bad Hair Day


Remember the Leave it to Beaver when the Beave loses his haircut money and does the home haircut thing with predictably awful results? Yeah, well, I think I just visited this on the lads. Now, my dad routinely cut mine and AndyMan's hair. Just took the electric razor and bzzzzzed it all off. Crewcuts were evidently big in the 1950's, so why not inflict it on the boys of the mid to late 1960's? I would never do something like that to my own boys, would I? Well, would I? Er, not as such. I brought the boys to City Hair in the Boro, and stylist Beth did a fine job on the twins' hair.

Sadly, it was not short enough to meet the dress code at the boys' school. Not wanting to risk another trip to the Headmaster's office, the boys (most unwisely) asked me to trim just a bit from the front. Sure. Dad did it. How hard can this be?
At least you can see their eyes now. When they're not covering their faces, anyway.


5 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

What's the problem? I bought the clippers, I cut my own hair! Oh, they actually have hair (and a Lot of it!) that's the problem.

I can always gross out my students by saying that I'm going to run my fingers through my hair, and then I reach for my back... Hey, it's only back hair, jeez!

Chase Squires said...

You live close enough that they can set their sites on attending a fine college known for outstanding hair cuts ... My alma mater, The Citadel. They should check it out ...

To this day, I just whip out a pair of clippers and zip, it's done, haven't paid for a haircut in 20 years.

Mr. Matt said...

Hey, it's still better than Jimbo's Buck and Cut!

kate said...

They go to a school where long haired freaky people need not apply?

They look like fine upstanding young men. No matter the length.

Imagine that.

superdave524 said...

That was kind, Kate. My boys are, er, "all boy". They are sweet, but supercharged. They are a lot better behaved than I was at their age, at least. I do indeed feel fortunate to have them living with me.