Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bill in the Boro

Obama? Edwards? Clinton? Which of the three Democratic presidential candidates descending on this part of the Palmetto State this week should get top billing? Er, Danny Glover?

From Thursday's Orangeburg, SC paper, The Times and Democrat:

"DENMARK, S.C. - Danny Glover, acclaimed actor and political activist, campaigned for Democratic presidential hopeful John Edwards Wednesday on the Voorhees College campus in Denmark. His visit came amid a flurry of political activity in The T&D Region ahead of Saturday's Democratic presidential primary.

The article did go on to include references to visits that Edwards (the actual candidate), Bill Clinton, and Barak Obama would also be in the area (Clinton, in fact, visited the Boro today, I'm told. Alas, I was not invited).


I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised that an actor would get the nod over mere politicians. This is America, afterall, and there is precedent.






"I know, but I had a better year than Hoover." – Ruth to a reporter who objected that Ruth was demanding a salary higher than President Herbert Hoover's ($80,000 vs. $75,000)

3 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

And the Babe definetly was NOT on Roids! well, not steriods anyway!

Anonymous said...

Polls are open SuperD. My years in Chicago prompted me to get out there early but I'll be heading back to try again soon.

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Amy. I already voted absentee. Glad you're getting out there.