Monday, January 14, 2008

Eli Manning, U.S.M.C.


Yesterday was mostly twin-time. The boys and I hung out. We worked on the tree-fort a little. Played some hoops (the boys beat the fat old dude together and separately). Read some Harry Potter. Even talked 'em into Church again (two weeks in a row. I got karma I need to work off). Hanging out with the lads meant I missed the first Manning show, the one with the Colts and the Manning that was supposed to win, but I caught Junior and the Giants. The Manning that was supposed to lose, won. Whaddayaknow? I supposed that's why they make them play the game. I noticed an eerie resemblance between Eli Manning and Gomer Pyle. Now, Eli does look like Archie, sort of. But, well, if I'm Archie, maybe I'd want Jim Nabors to submit a DNA sample. Just in case.

8 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

Er, I don't think Gome swings that way, but hey, you can't have Manning with Manning!
Man-up. Man-in. Man o Man! That aint my finger either!

superdave524 said...

Well, Goll-ee! Surprise, Surprise!

Chase Squires said...

Great 8th Grade joke ... what do you find in the woods on Parris Island? .....

Gomer's Piles ...

:-)

(say, thought we agreed you were going to do away with these dumb word verification things)

superdave524 said...

Okay, Chase, I finally figured out what you were talking about on the verification thing. Sometimes I'm not too quick on the uptake, but I think I've located and destroyed it. Here I've been all exclusive and stuff and didn't even know it. Sorry about that.

Mr. Matt said...

For the definitive Gomer v Eli take, check out the Holy Schmitz report on http://intheslam.blogspot.com It'll getcha!

And thanks for 86ing the word verification!

superdave524 said...

I will, and your welcome.

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious...what about the similarity btwn Tony Dungy and Usama Bin Laden.

superdave524 said...

Nah, if Bin Laden were coaching anyone, it'd be the Raiders.