Wednesday, January 16, 2008

More songs about buildings and food

I promised my oldest child I'd lose 20 or so pounds by May. Should be easy. It always used to be. Shoot, AndyMan and I used to lose seven or eight pounds of water weight in a weekend for little league football (for me) or wrestling (for him). We'd just sit in momma's car with the windows rolled up for a couple of hours, and the weight would drip off. Of course, we'd gain it right back after the weigh in. It is entirely possible that that was not a good idea. In any event, it's not something I'm going to do now. So, what are the alternatives? Eating healthy may be possible in the Boro. I've heard rumors, at least, to that effect. Mind you, it's not an experiment I'm willing to try at this juncture; however, something (my belt, my chair, my dignity) has got to give. Exercise? Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. But, it's... hard. Fine, I'll try exercise, dammit. Now someone go make me a sandwich!

6 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

There's always the "Amazing Auto Crash Diet" lose hundreds of pounds in seconds! Er, don't try that one.

Ok, honestly, it's going to have to be a lifestyle change, but you will enjoy it, I promise, or my name isn't Jubbabubbakabibblestan!

Cook for yourself 5 days a week. Salads are so easy now, they're in bag, chop some maters and shrooms and viola! Lo-Fat dressings only, you get used to them, really. Ok, this is a little tougher, NO FRIED FOODS. Dave, they are killers. Once every couple of months I have fries, but for everyday, I don't do it. Come on down, we'll duplicate the spices I use, make a few things, it'll be a hoot.

Also, chicks dig dudes that cook... er, well. Lynne, whom I adore, hadn't had a guy cook for her..... ever! Perhaps you can get the twins involved, Ali loves to help me, and she's a great cook.

Then, yes exercise. Burn them calories. It's really hard to start but it gets easier. Hey, Chase was a Fatty. Dr. Mags was heavy. YOu can do it, plus you promised.

superdave524 said...

But I love all things fried. Fried chicken, fried potatoes (you say potato, I say... potato. Yeah. Guess that one doesn't work so well in writing), fried eggs. Someone talked me into eating Rocky Mountain Oysters once. Even bull testacles are okay fried. But, you're right, of course. Now as to the Lo-Fat dressings: Lo-Fat means two things to me: either I'm eating sitting on the ground, or I'm watching the villain in Hawaii 5-0. I suppose I could eat less (in theory). Anyway, I'll try to heed your advice.

Chase Squires said...

Oh, Dave's not kidding, I was a big boy, thanks to "fourth meal", which included gas station fried chicken at 3 in the afternoon ... I have very little discipline, so I kept it simple: no fat. I dropped 55 pounds by sticking to a very simple diet ...

Black beans and rice, whole tuna (not that chunk crap) right out of the can, melba toast, fat free salad dressing on salad, fat free pita bread ... and that was about it, for months. Hey, it worked.

Chase Squires said...

I mean "andy's not kidding" ... andy, dave ... whatever.

superdave524 said...

I knew whatcha meant. And I'll try to cut back on the fat... starting tomorrow.

Mr. Matt said...

Hey, don't forget the chicks dig guys that can cook angle. I don't know mush, but I Dew know that! (hey, classic 5-0 line, classic, Book 'em Dav-O)