Monday, January 28, 2008

White Men Can't Jump



... or shoot. Defense? Well, sure. It's almost impossible to believe that during my lifetime (early, but still) the S.E.C. and A.C.C. had entirely, or almost entirely, white squads. My lads attend a private school in the Boro. On Saturday, the mighty Warhawks lined up against the Raiders of Holly Hill Academy.



Between the two teams, there were a total of zero African Americans.
So, how did this clash of pale warriors unfold?

To the left was the score after the first four and a quarter minutes. In fairness, this was the junior high squad, and the kids were all playing solid defense. The final was, I think, 18 to 20, with the visiting Raiders taking the victory. It was fun to watch. If you like defense.









6 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Your boys ever think of playin' lacrosse?

Just askin'

superdave524 said...

Giving the 'Raptors sticks and an excuse to use them? I don't THINK so!

Mr. Matt said...

Yeah, I know that their dad was good with a golf club, I have a scar to prove it! (perhaps that explains the bald spot)

Just sayin' Apple--- Tree.

superdave524 said...

I was (cough, cough) just making sure you'd be tough. Yeah, that's it! Because, I, er, knew you'd, uh, be running ultras later. See? I was doin' you a favor.

Mr. Matt said...

Hey thanks! I'm glad you never tried to prepare me for marriage! A guy only needs to be so tough.

superdave524 said...

AndyMan, you know I couldn't prepare you for marriage. That's only in Appalacia.