Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Importance of Editing


I managed today to kidnap the Twins and their brother and compel them to attend St. Jude's, the lovely Episcopal Church in Walterboro that I occasionally attend. Today is Epiphany, where Anglicans (and lots of other denominations) celebrate the visit by the Magi with the Christ child. It was also a regular Rite II Eucharist, where the Agnus Dei was sung between the word of God and the Eucharist. Agnus Dei means "Lamb of God". Without getting all theological (or biological), I can tell you that a sheep is not the same as a cow, so I surprised to learn from the bulletin that we were to sing the "Angus Dei"- the "Cow of God"?. I really like my little Parish Church, but this is not its first editing offense. Check out this paragraph from the Monthly Newsletter:



And how did Susan feel about that?



We all make typos from time to time. My first job as a lawyer in South Carolina was at the Beaufort County Public Defender's Office. At some point in my term there, I decided to "move up" and had my resume printed (I guess they call them vitae now). Imagine my horror upon viewing the finished product in noticing that they had left out the "l" in Public Defender. Rather changed the meaning, you know? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

3 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

What a bunch of braggarts! Younger Women and Pubic Defenders, all in the name of Region!

Here's something that doesn't need editing, the Giants Suck!

Chase Squires said...

Maybe that thing by Susan's husband wasn't a typo, ever think of that? .... 80-year-old guy walks into the confessional at the Catholic Church near his home. He says, "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned, I am fornicating with an incredibly sexy 22-year-old blonde, and I mean, we're doing it twice a day, any place we can ... " The priest says, "I understand, and God forgives. How long has it been since your last confession." ... Old guys says, "Confession? Never. I'm Jewish" ... Priest says, "Well, why are you confessing to me?" ... Old guy says, "Oh, hey, I'm telling everyone!"

Ba-dum-dum .. (I did a younger woman!)

superdave524 said...

Classic, Chase. Classic. And AndyMan, if only the Giants had sucked a little more than the Bucs did...