Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hazzard-ous to your viewing Health

So, I'm watching the NFC Championship game. Packers are driving. Commercial break. Is that... yes, it is John Schneider hawking Zaxby's chicken (John Schneider, Chicken-Hawker?).




Oh, how the mighty have... well, I guess going from Dukes of Hazzard to Zaxby's chicken commercials is really sort of a lateral move for the Artist Formerly Known as Bo Duke. Yeah, I know. He had a decent role in Smallville, but they kilt him. I wikipedia'd him just to see if I missed something. Wow. Apparently he was a pretty popular Country Music artist. But acting was really what I was looking for. Here's a portion of the entry:


"Schneider has appeared in many Films and TV Series such as the miniseries 10.5. He had a recurring role on Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman and guest-starred on such shows as Diagnosis Murder, Touched by an Angel, JAG and Walker, Texas Ranger. He also appeared in the off-Broadway play The Civil War as a Confederate soldier."


It's like a list of the most compelling reasons not to watch network t.v.


I guess making the cut on these Zaxby's commercials is a pretty big deal. Check out the others that made it in this entry from "Fast Casual" trade website:


"To publicize the return of the guest favorite (boneless chicken wings), the chain has enlisted the help of four celebrities for the next installment of its “indescribably good” advertising campaign that was rolled out last fall. Cameras captured amusing, unscripted responses from "American Idol: Season Three" runner-up Diana DeGarmo, actor John Schneider, NFL star Jerry Rice and NBA star Dominique Wilkins."

Now, refresh my memory. Was Season Three of American Idol a particularly good one?

7 comments:

RC said...

how funny, i love your comment about reasons not to watch network tv

Chase Squires said...

Met him a couple years ago, he was pretty touchy about the Nashville gig, said he had a dispute and he'll never go back to it. I liked a couple of his songs....

superdave524 said...

Thanks for stopping by RC. So, Chase, when did you meet RC? Oh... you meant John Schneider (I still dig the Emily Littella schtick).

superdave524 said...

...and Chase, you really do meet a lot of different people. Like AndyMan says, must be the cool thing.

Chase Squires said...

Cool thing is a true vibe, can't deny it ... but mostly it was the job, TV critic for a newspaper (remember newspapers?) so I spent time just doin' that, I met him a a big network party when he was on One Tree Hill ... nice enough guy, crappy show.

Mr. Matt said...

SuperDave, GREAT POST!Dominique, the Human Highlight film! University of GA, Atlanta Hawks,then an expansion team, now Xaxbys. Now that's a career!

Anonymous said...

I am a Baby Boomer and have just seen John Schneider's Zaxby's commercial...WOW!! He is so Handsome and so HOT...Not the baby face I remember in Dukes of Hazzard I used to watch with my son 20 years ago...Call me John!!!