Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fightin' the Man Smackdown: Part II

Andy, John and Tallahassee Lassie Vickie had some excellent nominees, a couple of which will definitely make the list. Before I get to theirs, though, I got another one: Paul Newman died last year. Yeah, and he's had his share of tributes. He hardly needs more, but how can you talk about fightin' the man without talking about Cool Hand Luke? Well, you can't.



Andy suggested Footloose, with the farmkids rebelling against their puritanical folks. No doubt, that is fighting the man. John provided the clip.



When you're fightin' the man, sometimes ya gotta pull out all the stops. No Marquis of Queensbury rules for these guys:



John suggested two of my favorite "fightin' the man" fighters. I'll post them tomorrow.

3 comments:

John in IL said...

I wish you wouldn't be so good to me.

superdave524 said...

It's a great scene, idnit?

John in IL said...

Great scene, great movie.