Friday, January 30, 2009

Fightin' the Man Smackdown: Part I

Last smackdown, Solitary Man stood alone at the top of the Neil crop. Buddy Chase regularly comments in his blog, Chase's Dirty Thoughts, about the need to "Fight the Man". As a Public Defender, I fight the man every day. Many public defenders get worn down over the years, and just sort of whimper when their clients are getting the bad end of the stick. I had a tough week, but I'm no whipped dog. No way. Gotta fight the man! Here's our first entry. I'd love your suggestions for more fightin' the man songs or movie clips.

5 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

I don't know if there is a good YouTube for it, but you need to represent the best movie of all time..... Footloose! Seriously, it's some Chris Penn's best work.

The man in this small town tries to keep these farm boys from dancing, and farm boys, well, they gotta dance!

Chris Penn brings home the Bacon when he shows, you can fight city hall! I submit to you, footloose!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwBbMXYDsXw

Unknown said...

Street Fightin' Man by the Stones?

John in IL said...

Two that come to mind are Bob Marley and Public Enemy.

John in IL said...

and Andy, this is the best video for Footloose.
LOVED that movie!

superdave524 said...

Andy, Vickie: you got it. Good suggestions.

John, those are perfect.