Friday, August 8, 2008

Sex Smackdown: The Poll

No, not pole: Poll. We've listened to lots of Old School songs about hooking up. The airways and internet are flooded with songs about people getting together- or trying to. We've listened to pleas through the ages for carnal bliss From the 1960's The Beatles didn't want to spring for a room, "Why Don't We Do It in the Road?". Me? I'm thinking, "Gee, I don't know. Cars?". Anyway, it's not making the list, but the 60's were represented. The 70's brought us Marvin Gaye, Donna Summer, Rod Stewart, Barry White, and, yes, Jimmy Buffett wanted to take us back to his trailer. Rick James urged us to Give It To Me in the early 80's. R. Kelly wanted to us to "Sex Me" (well, him, actually) and to Bump and Grind with him in the 90's. During that same part of the 90's, James wanted to get Laid. No shout-outs for the current decade. I'm sure they're still making songs about sex, but it's natural enough, I suppose, that we'd be thinking about the songs that spoke to us when we were first making our way into that world. Rihanna and John Mayer are still wanting us to git wid dat, but they don't understand it like Marvin did. Least that's my story. You guys vote for whomever you want. Just vote. Vote for more than one if you want. I'm looking for at least ten votes here.

10 comments:

Star said...

LL Cool J beats R Kelly topless any day!

And SD: Read your email

superdave524 said...

All right, already! But where was the LL Cool J nomination, hmm?

Star said...

Well, the only song I know from LL is "Momma said knock you out," and I'm not so sure that's fits the ticket here. Now if we're talking "Vote for the Sexiest M-effer," then I'll cast ten votes for the shirtless LL!

superdave524 said...

LL Cool J? I'm the type of guy that liked this one.

Lynne said...

My two pics are Marvin and R. Kelly !

superdave524 said...

Well, Lynne, go one ahead and vote for them, then. The poll is in the upper left-hand corner of the blog. You can vote for one or all of them. Got get 'em!

Lynne said...

SuperD, it only lets me vote once.

John in IL said...

More Chicago voting!

superdave524 said...

Well, Lynne, if you want to vote for more than one person, click "change my vote", then click on two or more, then click vote. Should let you do that.

superdave524 said...

Funny, John. I can't find a way to get out the cemetary vote...