Sunday, August 10, 2008

Stealin'

The Lads got an education this weekend. Taylor gave his World of Warcraft password to someone he didn't know, with predictable results. The scum promptly changed the password and stole the account. They've had the account for a couple of years, and have several characters. Get a new one, I tell them. Tyler says, "Dad, I was a level 60! A level 60, Dad! Do you know how long it took me to get there?" No, Son, I don't. "A year and a half". They're working on trying to recover it, but bought the account from their step-brother, who can't remember his recovery information (or won't. They don't always get along). On the good side, I rediscovered a song I used to like when I was their age.

10 comments:

Chase Squires said...

You'll have to elaborate ... what on earth possessed these lads to lend a password to a stranger?

I think you'll need to administer a dope slap.

kate said...

Oh don't be so mean, Chase. They are just kids.

This is one of those "blessings of a skinned knee" moments. Painful but necessary.

superdave524 said...

A girl (or someone pretending to be one) on-line talked Taylor out of it. Tyler was furious. Even before the actual theft took place, Tyler was furious. I can't punish Taylor any more than the natural consequences of his act already have. Just trying to figure out how to make the best of it.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when my son's brand new skateboard was stolen. He didn't "secure" it like his dad always taught him...to "always secure your stuff." It was a learning experience for him. We didn't punish him....he was punished enough for not securing his board. But he learned from it.

my friend Amy said...

Sounds to me like a life lesson learned about meeting chicks
on-line.

superdave524 said...

You got that right, Tam.

You're a funny gal, Amy (and welcome back).

Chase Squires said...

sorry, Kate, not sure you're familiar with a "dope slap," it's not intended to cause pain, it's a whack on the back of the head accompanied by "Dumbass, what the hell were you thinking,"

... such as what one might administer to John Edwards right now.

:-)

.... and indeed, lesson learned. Sure beats learnin' it by loaning your dad's car to someone you don't know!

superdave524 said...

Ah, the Dope slap. Yes, that would be appropriate.

Anonymous said...

Why may I ask do we always blame these things on "the girl?" I think the boys weaknesses are in their genes/jeans......yea its Jodi how'd you guess?

superdave524 said...

Been going on since Genesis,Jodi. Did you eat that apple, Adam? God, that woman that YOU gave me made me do it. Or, as Jimmy Buffett put it, "Some people claim that there's a woman to blame".