Thursday, August 21, 2008

Earache My Eye.

Today is the first day of school for the Lads. Getting them out of bed is always a struggle. This is not a unique problem, of course. Just part of the on-going battle between kids and parents. I remember, vaguely, being on the other side- the kid side- of this struggle. I also remember Cheech and Chong. "Earache My Eye", along with "Basketball Jones" (and check out the guest stars on THAT song. George Harrison, Carole King, Billy Preston? On a Cheech and Chong track?) and a few other of their bits, included some pretty good music to go with their comedy (in this one, the music is first, the skit about three minutes into it). In seeking out some incarnation of Earache, I noticed that KoRn, Metallica, and Soundgarten have all done versions of it.

9 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

Dave? Dave? Dave's not 'ear.

superdave524 said...

No, Man, I'M Dave.

Chase Squires said...

for $500, what is your name, Bob?

Uh ...

kate said...

Umm, just a helpful hint here...cause they're like my second favorite group in the whole wide world...it's Soundgarden.

With a d.

Like dddddave.

Just so ya know. ;-)

superdave524 said...

Yeah, liked the game show Cheech and Chong, too, Chase: Famous Mickeys: Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mantle, and Mickey Way.

Kate, I sit corrected. Shoot, I shoulda learned that one in kintergarden (and I have Superunknown AND Temple of the Dog).

kate said...

I always knew you were kinda cool.

Just kinda.

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Kate.

COL said...

are you going to the cheech and chong reunion tour?

superdave524 said...

If it comes to Charleston, Col, and it's less than fifty bucks a ticket, I'll probably go. Sigh. I'm not proud of that, mind you. But I'd probably go.