Monday, August 4, 2008

Lightning.

Yesterday at Church the priest used the adage, "The best laid plans of mice and men will often go astray". It always puzzled me. I wondered what kinds of plans mice had, and how would we know of them? I debated with my oldest son, Davis, about whether mice ever had plans. He opined that Douglass Adams had already answered that question in "Life, the Universe, and Everything". Certainly mice had plans, big ones even. I can't speak to rodent dreams, but my own little plans have gone astray. I scuttled my little morning run this a.m. because of lightning. Rain doesn't bug me. See? I'll even give you a rain video to prove it:


Uh, I'm pretty sure that the video about rain, but containing no images of rain, was meant to be ironic. I think. Anyway, no run this morning. Maybe I'll post something about the weekend past. Davis and I played Frisbee all weekend and we saw a funny picture in Church that I determined to capture photographically. 'Cept it appears my camera is again taking a break. I suppose I could steal a picture of a Frisbee, but that wasn't the plan. Ah, what the Hell. There. Happy? Geez.

5 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

I used to always run when it was lightening. It was like a challenge to God. However, now things, hey be going so very well, I even look both ways before crossing the street!

And I've always had fun mixing that metaphor, something about the best planned lays, and how they never work out.

superdave524 said...

I always though "five" was a meta-four. I'll run tomorrow, rain or shine (unless, you know, it's raining really hard).

Chase Squires said...

heh, heh, "laid," ... heh!

superdave524 said...

Hmmmm. There's a slam in this...

superdave524 said...

er, smackdown...