Monday, October 6, 2008

Roadtrip: Myrtle Beach (part 2)

After a good night's sleep, it's on the the conference. No bacon and eggs here. Even the coffee was "cruelty-free, untested on cute woodland animals, South American revolutionary third-world dictatorship approved" or something like that. It's about the only time I ate healthy on this trip.
They have to ruin a perfectly fine trip with these stupid classes.

It's soporific!

Scintillating!

I always try to stop by the House of Blues whenever I'm in Myrtle Beach. Just missed the concerts, but I grabbed lunch, anyway.

Interesting vibe.

This is great. Uh, got any food?

Now we're talking! Did I mention that the seminar breakfasts were the only time I ate healthy?







One of the Myrtle Beach attractions I'd eagerly anticipated was a new Rock and Roll themed amusement park, Hard Rock Park. It'd only been open a couple of months, and appears to be in bankruptcy now. It closed down about two weeks ago. The Park says it's only closed "For the Season", but all most all of the signage is gone and the place looks like a ghost town. Man, if it'd been open just a couple more weeks and I'd've SO been there.


We decide to cut out a little early and head back to the Boro. Before we leave Myrtle Beach, a little breakfast seems in order. This place looks good.

Old-timey Myrtle Beach scene in the restaurant. Hmmm. Can you spot something, er, unusual about this picture?

Just say "no" to crack?

In the end, Harris gets a hug, and waitress Sara gets a nice tip.

Captain Putt-Putt bids us farewell from Myrtle Beach. We took the low road this time, through Charleston.

Well, you'd expect to find "Cooter's" in McClellanville.

God's soup kitchen. I understand the bisque is out of this world.

Then back home. Back to the Lads; back to my own bed; back to work.

8 comments:

John in IL said...

OMG. Hard Rock Park deserves to go out of business. I checked out the website. Some of their rides: Life in the Fast Lane and the Magic Mushroom Garden. Of course, they were totally sanitized versions but kids aren't that stupid.

(and do people look at you when you take pictures of your food?)

superdave524 said...

John, I've been playing with my food since I was a baby. Don't see any reason to stop now. People sometimes look, but mostly they're busy doing their own thing and don't pay any attention to me. I don't embarrass easily, so on the rare occasion that they stare, I wave to them or ask to take their picture. Wasn't always that way: Shoot, it used to embarrass me to eat at a restaurant by myself, but you gotta eat.

Chase Squires said...

Hey, could be worse, I take pictures in mens rooms ...

Nice trip, The Grand Strand, fond and not so fond memories of that place. Speaking of men's rooms ... I met a girl in a men's room in MB once on spring break ... no lie, she worked there, walked in on me. We ended up dating for about six months. True story.

Mr. Matt said...

Dave, Great picture from the AME Church. I love it when it works out like that. In my neighborhood (which is racially mixed) a neighbor has a McCain sign up right next to his Confederate Flag. It's heritage not hate! (not health care either!)

superdave524 said...

Well, Chase, at least she knew what she was getting (Obviously, she approved).

Ange, the real question is, was there a little audiotape to go with that saying, "I'm John McCain, and I approved this message"?

Mr. Matt said...

Oh Good question, and yes there is! I was amazed when I heard.... ok, there isn't that message.

superdave524 said...

Excellent point, m'man.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://gamesmini.net/2012/10/19/piggly/]free action games online to play[/url]
[url=http://gamesmini.net/2012/08/02/eternal-journey-new-atlantis-collectors-edition-2/]strategy games online war[/url]
[url=http://gamesmini.net/2012/08/14/them-the-summoning/]y8 car games[/url]
[url=http://gamesmini.net/2012/11/08/amelies-cafe-holiday-spirit/]free learning games[/url]
[url=http://gamesmini.net/2012/08/15/weird-park-broken-tune/]word games[/url]