Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Random Shots, part 1

Among the random photos I've taken over the past month or so is this prima donna. Really, they're just bugs when you get down to it, but they are purdy. Ashton Kucher, eat your heart out. In an effort to flesh out this post I trolled YouTube, and found one of the more bizarre American Bandstand bits. Iron Butterfly (or as Dick Clark announced "The Iron Butterfly") is really not suited for the cheery pop music vibe of American Bandstand. The lip-syching and pre-recorded nature of AB is also not really suited for heavy metal, either. And the interview at the end makes Dick Clark look like somebody's dad complaining about how loud it all is.



Now Bart Simpson GETS Iron Butterfly:

6 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

That's a damn classic right there! Bart's Smart. Here's the thing, take Bart out of Springfield, and he's just another kid. Life, who'd have thunk it. Look, it's a beautiful butterfly, and there's a million more just like it!

Reference Fight Club, you are not special. There is a good chance God does not love you!

Well said Tyler, well said! Butterfly smutterfly!

superdave524 said...

I gots to watch Fight Club again. Sadly, somebody took my copy. Let me rephrase that: Somebody took their copy back. I'll prolly steal it back whenever I'm back in Cigar City.

Star said...

Andy, man, what a downer. Between the sailor mouth and the negativity, I'd say you've been hanging out with The Captain a little too much.

"In the end we shall have had enough of cynicism, skepticism, and humbug, and we shall want to live more musically." -Vincent van Gogh

*I* like the shot SD! People can always tell who had the camera when they look at our vacation pix: The ones of nature, water and animals are mine, and the buildings and architecture are my husband's.

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Star. Now, as to the Van Gogh reference, I believe he would've responded to any comment you might've made to his quote with, "What did you say?". Or, as to Mark Antony's request in Julius Caesar, "Here, take mine".

John in IL said...

I see you like your one hit wonders too.

superdave524 said...

You know it, John! Far as I'm concerned, Billy Joel could've retired after "Piano Man".