Friday, October 31, 2008

Post-Halloween Scary Smackdown: Monster Mash

The Lads were with their Ma in Beaufort on this All Hallow's Eve, so I was stuck with door duty (yeah, I know: I said doody) here in the Boro. Last year I think I had three or four Trick or Treaters. This year I had ten or twelve. I guess in a tight economy, you take whatever you can get. Anyway, Chase requested a new smackdown. Since it's Halloween, I figured it was time for a scary song Smackdown. What's more Halloween-y than the Monster Mash? (it's rhetorical. Don't answer that). First: the classic by Bobby "Boris" Picket and the Crypt Kicker Five (with clips from Cary Grant in Arsenic and Old Lace).



Next, a harder version by the Misfits.



This next one is just painful. Bobby Brown and Mike Tyson. Extra credit to anyone who can watch it all the way through.



And last, but maybe first, an interesting version by Mannheim Steamroller.

8 comments:

John in IL said...

Sorry you took all the cool versions of Monster Mash. I'm going straight to the monster with this.

superdave524 said...

Putting on the Ritz from Young Frankenstein is an excellent scary song, John.

COL said...

wow, that mike tyson bobby brown thing is a certified HORROR SHOW!

superdave524 said...

It is rare, Col, to see something so truly awful. Surely that's worth a vote.

Mr. Matt said...

You want scary.... I'll show you my check book. Last balanced in 1997. Now that's scary, almost 10 years now.

superdave524 said...

You want a searing lack of financial acumen? I'll tell you tales of a searing lack of financial acumen...

Star said...

We dressed up as Scrooges this year...and didn't give out one piece o' candy. We didn't have our light on, so when the little monsters rang the bell, I just told 'em we were all out. Tricks were on the kiddies I guess.

superdave524 said...

my favorite trick? leave an empty bowl with a sign that says, "please take only one".