Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hitch-Hiker Smackdown, The Poll

Okay, I been gone, and I noticed, first of all, that I never actually posted the Boston video. So, here it (I hope) is:



I got a couple other nominations. First, AndyMan mentioned Sammy Johns' Chevy Van. The video is generic sixties background, but the song does, indeed, revolve around a hitch-hiking experience. One, in fact, much like the experience Chase referred to from Detroit Rock City. Anyway, here's Chevy Van:



The fifth and final selection comes from John in Illinois. Johnny Cash's thumb took him lots of places:



Well, there you have it. Boston, Greenday, Vanity Fair, Johnny Cash and Sammy Johns. Let the Smackdown begin.

3 comments:

John in IL said...

Johnny mentions my place of birth in that song.

superdave524 said...

Sioux City?

John in IL said...

Close enough. You got the state right.