Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Smooth Criminals.


I walked into work on Friday of last week with a large Walterboro Police Department police officer blocking the entrance to the building which the Public Defender's Office shares with the South Carolina Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon Services. "Excuse, me, Officer. I've got to get to work", I offered. Dude told me it was a crime scene. Apparently, some enterprising criminal had broken into the building, then into the Probation Department Offices and stole a bullet-proof vest and a couple of police-frequency radios. There are, or course, no shortage of suspects: just about everyone who enters the building has been accused of a crime, and all of the patrons of the Probation Department have been convicted of a crime. No one bothered to come upstairs to mess with our stuff. Guess they figured they'd need a lawyer if they got caught. Pretty bad candidates for probation, though.

5 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Just figure out which file is missing, that's probably your dude!

Star said...

Reminds me of the Halloween when we were living in the T&C 'hood. This gargantuan black kid and his friends, not in costume or of trick-or-treating age, rings our bell for candy. As I'm dumping ALL of our candy into his plastic grocery bag, he scopes out our living room. When they left, I locked the door, turned out the lights, turned on the alarm system...and prayed I'd satisfied them with chocolate.

superdave524 said...

Good stragedy, Chase. I'd say they'd still have records at the Clerk's office, but these dudes and dudettes ain't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Here's a tip for this Halloween, Star: put out an empty candy bowl with a sign that says, "Please take only one". You might want to put in an old wrapper for effect.

kate said...

I think Sean Lennon is in that MJ video with the other kids.

Still creepy though.

superdave524 said...

Yeah, Kate, and MJ used to own most of the Beatles' catalogue. Imagine.