Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Read the News Today, Oh, Boy.

Cup a joe and a gander at the Newspaper after I drop the Lads off at school and before work. Let's see... Economic crisis; hmmm. That doesn't look like much fun. Gas prices up drastically. No, that's no good either. Fall-out from Hurricane Ike. Nah, no joy there. Ah, here's one: S.C. leads nation in violent crime. Job security. Awesome!

Ages ago, the Beatles recorded "A Day in the Life", which, in addition to starting with the lyrics for the title to this post, contains a pretty neat cataclysmic crescendo. Apropos of nothing, I guess.

11 comments:

Chase Squires said...

One thing I never do, get up, get out of bed and drag a comb across my head ... haven't owned a comb in 15 years.

superdave524 said...

Maybe a trait you first considered at El Cid? Hair today; gone tomorrow.

Mr. Matt said...

Hare restorer with permanent wave, that's what I like!

I can drag a comb across my back...

kate said...

I don't know about you, but I enjoy a pretty neat cataclysmic crescendo. No better way to start the day.

superdave524 said...

See, Kate, that's maybe the only time I'm jealous of you married peoplages...

Ange, you definitely got a lot of our Goth ancestor's genes (shoot, they weren't usin' 'em). Always wondered when you were gonna get that second job as a bear-skin rug.

John in IL said...

I wanna hear more about the "filthy wasteland replaces thriving resort". Did hippies move into the neighborhood or what?

John in IL said...

and back hair = handles.

superdave524 said...

You're a funny guy, John.

Star said...

Another reason NOT to buy the newspaper.

kate said...

You do not need to be married to enjoy a cataclysmic crescendo.

You don't need to know yoga either.

But it helps.

superdave524 said...

I don't know what it is, Star. They keep throwing these papers in my yard. That and they're periodically taking money out of my bank account. WTF!

Yoga's good, Kate. Marriage? Not so much (for me, anyway). Cataclysmic crescendo's are good when you can get 'em.