Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Doll, Baby.

I've mentioned before that I clip coupons. What I didn't mention is that it is sometimes a hazardous practice. No, I'm not talking about paper cuts; I'm talking about exposure to contemptible collectibles. I've gotten used to civil war chess sets and fungus of the month commemorative platters, but the item at left was just creepy. Let's see... MnM advertises as "Melts in your Mouth, not in your Hand". This doll advertises, "Melts in your heart". I get this image of Chucky chewing on my internal organs.

The "cute" little MnM dolls reminded me of another creepy doll. I'm not talkin' 'bout Chucky. When I was ten or eleven, I used to watch a show called Night Gallery, which was hosted by Rod Serling, who'd previously done "The Twilight Zone". One of the creepiest episodes of Night Gallery was The Doll. Sucker gave me nightmares for years. That MnM doll is not helping.

10 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

Hey dolls are "Magic" what are you griping about!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzarAzCFU-8

Star said...

Since you guilted me into getting the Sunday paper, I actually saw that add for the creepy M&M dolls!

But even more creepy is the other doll you pictured, which, thank you very much, I will dream about tonight.

superdave524 said...

Hee, hee.

superdave524 said...

...and AndyMan, who knew that Anthony Hopkins once had hair?

jrtnutt said...

I think they should make a movie about Hannibal as a little boy.

superdave524 said...

Maybe he was the model for "The Bad Seed".

John in IL said...

Lucky you! You can buy the creepy doll on eBay for only $40 (plus S+H).

(and Magic scared the shit out of me)

superdave524 said...

Forty clams? Shoot, John, I can get a new one for twenty-nine ninety-nine. The set really look like they belong in a crack-house.

COL said...

that thing is seriously creepy. even creepier -- those who buy that crap. yikes!

superdave524 said...

I think you'd understand better if you spent more time in trailer parks, Col.