Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Few Good Movie Trials (two)

There really are a lot of great movie trials over the years. It's not easy to get it narrowed down to four or five for a smack-down, so I'm going to fudge a little. Today I'm posting two. I could use your help to see which makes it to the poll.

Got a couple military tribunals, with a couple of heavy-hitters as witnesses. First, Tom versus Jack (the soundtrack here seems a little off, but this is the right length):


Now go back a little farther in time to Humphrey Bogart as Captain Queeg in The Caine Mutiny. You can tell when he starts "losing his marbles".


That's a lot of testosterone for one post. So waddya tink, Humphrey or Jack?

10 comments:

Dr. Maguse said...

no one compares to jack

superdave524 said...

Mags, looks like you've got this one. Jack, it is.

kate said...

No! I must be heard.

Bogart all the way.

I demand a recount.

my friend Amy said...

I'm with Kate on this one.
Captain Humphrey and the mancala beads all the way. There's something about a movie star who hasn't had plastic surgery. Guess you have to go back in time to find that kind of raw sex appeal.

superdave524 said...

Bogie was definitely cool. I'll mull this one...

Dr. Maguse said...

Don't disagree with a film scholar here...go with Jack

Dr. Maguse said...

p.s.: check out clips of the best trials in your previous blog.
:-)

superdave524 said...

I will certainly go back and review before the final poll is calculated, Mags.

Mr. Matt said...

Where's Reece, go with Reece!

superdave524 said...

Gag me. Witherspoon?