Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Projects, Potatoes, and Pictures.


The Lads have a science project due tomorrow. They did an experiment on potatoes a month ago. The fascinating subject was osmosis and permeability of potatoes left to soak in salt water. Hello? Anybody still awake? Anyway, it turns out that instead of the potato absorbing the water, the salt water actually pulls nutrients out of the potato. I tell you this because, well, I brought it up, and there is the off chance that someone might want to know how the story ended.



While the Lads printed, cut and pasted their report onto a story-board, I decided to finally put up those pictures that have been sitting in the hall since I moved into my home in the Boro in July of last year (See, here is a difference between the creature known as "divorced man" from the poor enslaved version known as "married man": Had Tina been in the Mix, it is a certainty that those pictures would have been up in some form or fashion within two days of closing on the home).

Anyway, I've never been much of a picture hanger. Don't like it. Don't have the patience for it. Always just did whatever wife said do. Arranging them in some order where they all fit in the limited space I have in the Manor was... daunting. I saw the Lads arranging text and pictures on their board, and noticed a stack of old papers, and had a revelation:

I put the paper "pictures" on the wall until I could get the nails in all the right places. Boo-yah! Here's how it looked:


Okay, I missed one. The one piece of newspaper still on the wall, is supposed to be this picture of my maternal grandmother as a baby in Great Grandmother Gertrude (who names their daughter Gertrude? I mean, that's just cruel) Southgate. Here, take a look. Now, I'm going to bed.

7 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Good gawd man, y'all are boring as hell.

I have a book on making cannons that shoot potatos ... that's pretty cool. I launched a tuber about 200 yards from one with a blast of hairspray and a spark.

beats the crap outta osmosis ... what the hell kind of boys are you raising, anyway?

Mr. Matt said...

Argg! You said the name, you said the name! Look out here come the snatchers. Quick Harry, Hermoine, run.... It's too late! I told you there was a jinx on the name, how do you think they found us in the muggle cafe... No!

superdave524 said...

The Twins don't need any encouragement in the "Lads Gone Wild" department. When one of them was looking for pictures of potatoes on the web, they saw a picture of a potato gun and both of them practically wet themselves in excitement. Hmmmm. Come to think of it, one of the neighbors is starting to piss me off...

superdave524 said...

Tina, "She who must not be named", derives power from the fear her name evokes. I shall not dignify the ban. I shall not.

Mr. Matt said...

Yeah, check with Harry and Hermonie on that one. I'd be Stan SHUNpiping that name if I were you.

my friend Amy said...

Just want to know if the dogs on black velvet still grace the wall and can hamoniously live with the artistically arranged family tree?

superdave524 said...

Amy, you know they don't live in the same room.