Monday, March 17, 2008

Henry, Prince Valient and... what was I saying?


Country singers George Jones and Barbara Mandrell had a duet right after John Travolta's Urban Cowboy made country music cool for about three weeks in the early 80's, called "I was Country, When Country Wasn't Cool". Well, one of the vogue diagnoses of the day is ADHD or ADD. It stands for Attention Deficit, something or other. I'd look it up, but, well, that'd be work. Anyway, I have been ADD pretty much my whole life. My brother, AndyMan, while not nearly so bad, has a low tolerance for boredom. We were ADD, when ADD wasn't cool. AndyMan has reminded me that I've gotten a bit wordy lately.




He commented that he's more of a "Henry" guy, than a "Prince Valient" guy.




Personally, I like 'em both. Even if I occasionally need a bookmark to finish Prince Valient.

8 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

See mute and stupid aren't the same thing. Ask anyone that's married, sometimes Mute is the best Answer, but I've never been as bright as Henry!

Star said...

Your education for the day:
"ADHD" is Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and "ADD" is Attention Deficit Disorder.

The difference? The ADD kid is the one distracted by the ADHD kid who is hanging from the whirling ceiling fan and staring out the window.

PS: Do NOT refer either of these boys to me!

Chase Squires said...

My old paper used to run the comic The Phantom, but only on Sunday. Problem is, it's a serial, so you'd miss what happened the other 6 days ... so our hero would be punching some guy in the jungle one Sunday, and the next week he's out on a boat, and you're like, "what the?" ....

I'm sorry, what were you saying?

superdave524 said...

Andy, the only thing I can say to that is ... (also, sometimes it's not a matter of stupid, it's a matter of will. Like Ron White said, "I had the right to remain silent... But not the ability". Hey, YOU try not talking back to She Who Must Not Be Named).

Star, although I did like disrupting the class, and wasn't wild about sitting still, I generally... Hey, look! It's an elipsis. Ever notice how elipsis is like eclipses? But they're really not the same thing at all. Stream of consciousness: More like River. Poor River Phoenix. He's a Phoenix, but didn't rise again. I liked Fawkes. You ever read Harry Potter? Oh, anyway, I'm not sure which I was/am. I think they just called the whole lot of them hyperactive back in the day. Mom made me drink unsweet tea. Better'n Ridilin.

Yeah, Chase, that always pissed me off about the Phantom, too. Saw a cool link on QJ's blog about Garfield without Garfield. Pretty funny. That was on point, right?

Steve: The Lightning Man said...

It could be worse....you could be trying to make proper sense of Mary Worth....


But Mark Trail is simple; no matter how many strips you miss, you never get lost.

superdave524 said...

Good to see another Walterboroian in the house. Welcome, Steve. I had a Mark Trail post a month or so ago. Dude wanted us to eat beavers.

Mr. Matt said...

And I took him to heart. Saved a darn tree I did!

superdave524 said...

It was eating trees?