Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cerealist Art (or Well, Hello, Dali)

I remember trekking across the Bay from Tampa to St. Pete to visit the Salvador Dali museum many moons ago. While nearby Charleston has a fairly lively art scene, the Boro has...not so much. Here, you take art where you can get it. Even in your cereal.

My earlier post on Freakies cereal led internet buddy Chase to ask what happened to those little toys you used to be able to get in cereal. Wonder no more! Cereal boxes remain a repository for more than just cereal. Merely a toy? I think not! Check out this Joker: a pastiche reminiscent of Dali (and he kicks!).

5 comments:

Chase Squires said...

gotta say, I haven't eaten cereal since college, but if anything would bring me back, that's what we're talkin' about!

Mr. Matt said...

They never put any good toys in the granola I get. They should have a hemp key chain, or a dull underarm razor or something.

superdave524 said...

Chase, cereal rocks! Wait, that'd be Pebbles cereal. I eat a bowl of it every day. Usually Oatmeal Crisp, but cereal, just the same.

Funny stuff, Ange.

Lynne said...

Cereal is great, with low fat milk. It can be very healthy, Chase. Depends on what kind you eat.

superdave524 said...

Hey, Lynne, I got some one percent the other day (it was fifty cents off). Not as good as two percent, but, hey, fiddy cent is fiddy cent.