Wednesday, July 23, 2008

These are My Turtles, Cuff and Link...

I don't like to shop for clothes. Most guys don't. I'm not good at it. I've been divorced for eight years now, and most of my clothes were purchased either by my ex-wife or her mother (a very nice lady, who passed away last year). I wear white shirts every day, and frankly, they're getting a bit thread-bare. As much as I hate to shop, I desperately needed at least one new white shirt. Well, shucks, it's a white shirt; how hard can this be? So, I saddled up the SpongeBobMobile and off to Belk's I went. Yippee! I caught a sale! Regularly $45.00 shirts with my neck and sleeve size for $25.00. I grabbed a shirt, tossed the clerk my debit card, and I was oughta there in, like, ten minutes. Shoot, this wasn't that hard. 'Cept I didn't look closely enough at the shirt. Evidently, this particular brand and style didn't have buttons at the cuffs. Cufflinks? I've got to use cufflinks? A bit much for Walterboro, S.C. Still, I'm not taking the shirt back. I hate taking stuff back even more than I hate clothes shopping.

6 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

Dave,
I actually went in a mall yesterday, it was scary. 200 stores! People everywhere, consumerism, I hated it! I am using the word hate regarding a place where people go, and I guess some people go there a lot.

I've been divorced longer than you, and I have bought few new things. You gotta take a chick with you when you get a wad of money and just don't think (except don't let her get you any pink crap!) just let her have at it. Me, I use the internet almost exclusively, don't care that the stuff rarely fits. I'm a teacher, I can do that.

superdave524 said...

No malls in the Boro. This was a stand-alone (well, in a strip-center). As shopping goes, fairly painless- 'course, I didn't do it right...

Chase Squires said...

I'm a big boy, I know my size, I buy everything online ...

And SD, hey, check it out, now you and your clients have something in common: cuffs!

Chase Squires said...

(oops, sorry forgot the website, www.blair.com ... go to the clearance section, suits for $50, shirts for $12 ... the customer service sucks, the shipping is slow ... but jeez, cheap clothes)

superdave524 said...

I gots to do it, Chase. I gots to.

Mr. Matt said...

I gots to do it too Chase, I gots to too!