Thursday, July 3, 2008

Blueberries!

All year long, I look forward to the Fourth of July. Fireworks? Okay, I guess. Remembrances of our great Nation's independence? Er, I'll try to remember to do that. Nope. That's when the blueberries are ripe. Frequently, I reap where I did not sow. I can't grow much of anything, except children (come to think of it, they grow wild, too), but in both the Boro, and in Ridgeland, my property came equipped with blueberry bushes. Actually, along with the proximity of "the Manor" to my work and the property's reasonable price, the presence of blueberry bushes on the lot was what sold me on the place. A fence to keep in Bo and Brady keeps out two of the three bushes, but there are still plenty of blueberries for a pie and a couple of servings of blueberry pancakes (in fact, we had some this morning. Alas, the camera batteries were spent). Maybe I'll show you a slice of pie after I've baked it.

5 comments:

Star said...

Motley Crue has a song titled "Slice of your Pie." So with that in mind, I'd rather not see your pie...or anyone else's for that matter.

superdave524 said...

I don't think I own the kind of pie of which the Crue crooned. Warrant went a step more descriptive with "Cherry Pie". 'Course, since it's close to July 4th, maybe this is the pie we should be noticing:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EMYX1aytnSM

Mr. Matt said...

Blueberries are good! I wish I had some at present!

Chase Squires said...

Make sure and wash 'em first, I think I saw dog peeing on that bush ...

superdave524 said...

Blueberries are very good, Ange.

Chase, we did wash the blueberries. And that dog'd have to be huge; those berries were up about four feet off the ground!