Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm Your Handyman.

I'm not handy. I've mentioned this before. An open truck or car hood may look seductive to various and sundry shade tree mechanics. To me?
More like this.

Still, sometimes stuff needs to be done and there just isn't anyone else around to do it. A truck I'd borrowed encountered a serious, major, epic problem: the cigarette lighter plug (okay, they call them "accessory outlets" now, but my whole life they've been cigarette lighters, okay?) was busted. I'm not gonna shoulder the blame if my friend can't charge her cellphone, knowudImean? With my amazing ability to discern the obvious, I decided it was a fuse. Well, I don't want to brag or anything, but I CHANGED THE FUSE! All by myself. Like a big boy. Maybe it even works now. Okay, that wasn't such a great story. Maybe you'll like this one better:

5 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

Great Job SuperD, and darn good "uplifting" story!" Keep 'em comin'!

superdave524 said...

AND I weighed in at 227 last Sunday (down from 235 a month or so ago).

John in IL said...

Woo hoo! Man points!

And I agree with you about looking under the hood. The three things I understand under the hood are the windshield wiper fluid filler thing, the dip stick and the radiator cap. I love when the mechanic wants to show me the parts he replaced in my car(like I know)...I bet they keep a box of spare parts in the back that they show everyone.

And talking monkeys rock! So does weight loss (if you want to lose weight).

Mr. Matt said...

See here, you get some Penzoil, no better, make that Quaker State, get some gauze pads and some ball bearings. We'll fix that fister vaulve right up!"

superdave524 said...

So that's what a dip stick is, John. Huh? Wonder why people'd call me that? Actually, it's good that your mechanic is showing you the old parts. When I had SpongeBob fixed a couple of months ago, the kind folks at the Ford dealership told me that got me a NEW starter. The Bob broke down again about a month later. Took it to another repair place, which showed me my old/new- REBUILT- starter. The Ford folks discussed the matter and we're all relatively happy (it's a complicated story, and I may, eventually, blog it. Eventually).

Yeah, Ange, I could kick myself for letting them change my headlight fluid.