Sunday, February 3, 2008

Wow!


What is he, like, 107? Tom Petty still rocks. He rocked when I was attending Alphonso P. Leto Comprehensive High School in the late 1970's. He rocked when I took my future BabyMomma to see him in Tampa in 1985. He rocked when I took my oldest son and my daughter to see him in Atlanta last year. And he totally rocked in this year's Superbowl half-time show. The Righteous Brothers sang "Rock and Roll Heaven" many moons ago. I'm thinking that Tom Petty, the Stones, Tom Jones, and Bob Dylan could populate the rockingest nursing home of all time. The half-time show was great. Oh, and the game wasn't too bad, either.

8 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

Tom Petty, yeah, he's pretty good. We can scrap just a little bit better though.

superdave524 said...

Were those dudes from Odessa? I remember the quote...

Lynne said...

No . . they were from Gainesville, the town where that exceptional school is located !

Mr. Matt said...

Those dudes were from Rocky Creek. Where no school in located at! (you finish that quote)

superdave524 said...

@sshole! Right? Because you're not supposed to end a sentence in a preposition, right? Oh, man, I totally got this grammar stuff down! At? Down at!

Mr. Matt said...

No wonder you're a free rice phe-nom! You got it down, but I bet I know where you got your shoes.

superdave524 said...

Scored a 51 on Free Rice last week, Bayyyybe! And, as Pat McEnerney (one guy, sounds like three) would tell you, "I gots my shoes on my feets and my feets on da ground".

superdave524 said...

And Lynne, even though the Gators are from Gainesville, I still like Tom Petty!