Monday, November 10, 2008

Rain Smackdown, Part 4: Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

There are just too many good rain songs for a single smackdown. Tam mentioned a cool anti-war rain song by Melanie. Sunny mentioned several others, including Gary Allen's "Songs About Rain" and a couple by Bob Dylan. How are you gonna keep Bob Dylan out of the mix? Well, it's a little late in this particular game to get into all of them, so we'll just call this smackdown "Rain Smackdown, One", and I'll post a second rain smackdown sometime in the future. Anyway, Tam mentioned "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head". Nice song. The clip from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is a nice little tribute to Paul Newman, too:



I'll post the poll tomorrow.

4 comments:

jrtnutt said...

Great Clip Dave thanks. Would you believe I have never seen that movie? I don't watch movies. Have trouble sitting still long enough, get bored easily. Paul Newman was sooo handsome. His wife was one lucky gal!

John in IL said...

You can't go wrong with a Burt Bacharach song.

superdave524 said...

Ah, Tam you've GOT to see Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Got to.

And John, I liked Burt Bacharach in Austin Powers, too. Yeah, Baby!

John in IL said...

The hotness that is Paul Newman makes (almost) any movie good. This is a great movie, Tam.