Monday, November 3, 2008

Beyond Horrible.

Tradegy is an over-used word, but apt to described what happened Halloween night in Sumter, South Carolina. Two children, 9 and 12 years old, and their father were shot- the twelve year-old shot to death- while Trick-or-Treating on Friday night. The Charleston Post and Courier newspaper report provides that the alleged shooter had at least one previous Possession with Intent to Distribute drug conviction. The twelve year-old was big and, of course, wearing a mask. Probably the shooter thought someone was coming to rob him of his drugs or, if he was a dealer, his drug money; but he didn't even open the door.

4 comments:

kate said...

Wow. That's awful.

Here I was, feeling sorta blue, and thought, "I'll see what my buddy Dave is up to in the boro. I'll just click on his link, which is on my site, and OH MY GOD."

So thanks. Thanks for that.

superdave524 said...

Yeah. Well, if you were looking for something to attach to your vague blah feeling, there you go. I don't usually post that sorta stuff, but, well. Yeah. It's pretty awful. Tomorrow, probably some sorta "Vote" thing, then something upbeat after that.

jrtnutt said...

I read that story online. I could see him being afraid any other night of the year, but come on...it was Halloween. I hope the guy rots in jail.

superdave524 said...

Me, too, Tam.