Friday, November 14, 2008

Old School, Too.

My babymamma was evidently cleaning out her attic last weekend, and stumbled upon a folder full of some of my old stuff, which she kindly delivered to me along with the Lads. What's this? Ah, a diploma from Alphonso P. Leto Comprehensive High School. Class of '78? Damn, that is Old School.
Phi Alpha Delta legal fraternity historian. To paraphrase Sarah Palin, I'm not sure what a legal fraternity historian does. Must not've been a very good one.
Pass the Loving Cup Around, n'or pass a Brother by, we all drink from the same canteen, at Beta Theta Pi... See if you can find where's Waldo. The Lads were impressed; thought their old man musta been a playa. Er, not so much boys. I think I went on three dates in three years there. Now, your Uncle Andy, that was a playa back in the day. I transferred to Florida State shortly thereafter and my fortunes changed a bit (but I still never approached AndyMan levels). Well, it's nice to have the artifacts, anyway.

7 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Dude, no one achieves Andyman levels, even today. Andy comes over my house, the goldfish stop swimming, to quote Eddie Murphy

John in IL said...

What does the "S" stand for? I'm guessing "Smokin'".

superdave524 said...

Andy is da Man. True, dat, Chase.

Thanks, John (and it's Scott).

jrtnutt said...

Wow, you were cute! I posted a new blog for ya Dave!

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Tam (and I'll check out your new post).

kate said...

I love old pics! So fun!

superdave524 said...

Those were the days, Kate. 'Course, these days are okay, too.