Thursday, November 20, 2008

All in a Week's Work: Acquittal Smackdown

First of all, congratulations to Garbage, whose "I'm Only Happy When it Rains" made a splash, and (rain)dropped the competition in the last Smackdown. Guess we'll follow up with an acquittal smackdown. After four days of trial on eleven indictments, including two for murder, the jury returned a verdict of not guilty for my client. I'll give a better report tomorrow, but, frankly, I'm exhausted. Anyway, here are the nominees:

First, the Beatles' "Not Guilty":



Next, some gangsta rock-rap. I wanted to use Jay-Z, but embedding was disabled. These thugs'll do:



I'm an unapologetic Harry Potter geek, so when I saw Snape tracks set to Billy Joel's "An Innocent Man", well, I couldn't resist.



The next one was inspired by my baby brother. I've mentioned before, the Boy's got game. Many moons ago, while AndyMan was a student at Auburn University, legend had it that his girlfriend had some delusion that he'd been macking with her best friend. She claimed, the legend went, that she'd actually caught them in the act. Not sure whether that actually happened, but I know that the phrase, "I don't know what you THOUGHT you saw" became popular at the Loveliest Village on the Plains around the that time. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that SpongeBob (and Shaggy) borrowed this one from AndyMan:



Oh, and Colin Raye probably borrowed this one from Andy as well:



More, later. Remember: Vote Early and Often.

4 comments:

John in IL said...

I'd prolly be a better prosecutor.

superdave524 said...

Prosecuting is good, John, but we all got our parts to play. "Lies" is right (and The Thompson Twins just reek of the '80s (that's a good thing)), and there were plenty of them bouncing around the courthouse this week, which had been My forecast for this trial way back in July.

Star said...

I don't know how you do what you do, Dave. But I think you've earned a couple of martini's this weekend.

superdave524 said...

Very well may have a Scotch or three, Star.