Friday, March 11, 2011

Mancke Business.

The Boro is getting another Palmetto State notable: Naturalist Rudy Mancke, is visiting the Boro tomorrow. He'll be giving a tour of the Great Swamp Sanctuary. I love this little piece of wilderness on the edge of town, and I've posted on it several times. I've pointed out a bit of silly signage, and I've featured creatures I've seen along the way, including a hawk that dissed me, and an alligator that just missed me. I've seen lots of deer (including a nesting baby deer that lifted his head up from his hiding place just as I ran by), snakes, squirrels, wild turkeys, lizards, and all sorts of plants. I can't name the plants, but I'm betting Rudy Mancke can. Sadly, I'll have to miss this one, but I'm hoping someone else will be taking pictures.

2 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

Dave, you outta pick a cause and have a 5K in the Swamp. I'll come up and run. I'll just tell the wife I've gone to get a newspaper, and BAM! I'm on I-75 headed from Florida!

superdave524 said...

You got it, My Brother.