Friday, March 4, 2011

Walk This Way.


As the Director of the Lowcountry Area Health and Education Center, Lady Di is a health educator. She helps health care workers to learn stuff. She helps folks to teach communities about healthy habits, including behaviors that reduce the risk of diseases like diabetes. The Boro is hosting the "Let's Go Expo" this weekend, to encourage people to "Eat Smart, Move More". There'll be outdoor exhibits and mini-classes on various little things- fun things- for folks to do to live healthier. Shag lessons and Zumba. Vegetable gardening. Even a special appearance by SCETV's Smart Cat. There'll also be a one mile fun walk, which is a big deal for a lot of folks. I get to help, and I'm pumped about it. Shoot, maybe I'll even post some pix.

5 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

Promote that health! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of corn dogs (isn't that how it goes?)

Anonymous said...

"1 mile" and "fun" do not go with the word "walk" in my world! I do it 'cause it's good for me. :) fdb

superdave524 said...

I'm not sure Smart Cat would approve of the corn-dogs, A-Man.

I think a lot of folks share your sentiment, Frandy, but I had fun, anyway.

COL said...

Shag class? Hey now! Smart Cat looks awesome too.

superdave524 said...

Smart Cat was a-okay, Col (but he was better at Zumba than shag).