Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Mitch is Back!

I got to see my old friend Mitch last Sunday. You might recognize him from the high school picture I posted a week or so ago. He and his lovely bride Gina were down in Chuck Town for a Tennis tournament, and they gave up a couple of hours to hang out with me and Lady Di and eat Thai food. Back in the day, Mitch and I were thick as thieves. We strode through the halls of Leto High like we owned the place. Mitch was voted "Friendliest" in our class of more than 750 students, and I was "Class Clown" (the following year, when my brother won that category, they changed the name to a much more dignified "Wittiest". Ah, well). Mitch is pleasant, fun, and a genuinely good person, just like he was back in the day. Here's to you, Buddy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fond memories! (well, mostly!) I had asked Mitch if he recalled the night Leo went to Pizza Hut to remind Russ and him that it was time to get home----and you, Dave, of the "masked invader" who almost got shot. ??? :) fdb

superdave524 said...

Mitch retold the story of my near-demise. Good times (I'm glad Mitch told Leo that I was the man in the mask, or I mighta died of lead-poisoning!).

Mr. Matt said...

See that's how rumors get started! I wasn't wittiest, but you're half right, I was friendliest, Sergio Pages took home the clown, er I mean crown of wittiest!

Oh, hey Mitch!

Mr. Matt said...

See that's how rumors get started! I wasn't wittiest, but you're half right, I was friendliest, Sergio Pages took home the clown, er I mean crown of wittiest!

Oh, hey Mitch!

superdave524 said...

Oh, now I remember, we both went to Boy's State... Sharing the crown with Sergio Pages? Oh, well.