Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Day at the Races.

The Lads signed up for track and field day at Charleston Southern University (home of the Buccaneers).
We were among the first ones there. The clouds were foreboding.
Crowd picked up, though.
Groups from the very young...
...to kids up to age 14. Where's Waldo? Can you pick out the Lads?
The CSU Football team volunteered.
Run, Taylor, run! The Lads competed in the one mile run. Sadly, this was lap three in a four lap race. They caked out shortly thereafter. I've got to remember to teach them to count to four.
Bushed. The race they'd intended to run, the 400 meters, was rained out; so this was it. Still, a good time was had by all. With a little training, these guys might be alright.

9 comments:

Jersey Girl 46 said...

Way to go to the Lads for trying! That track looked awesome and a little intimidating! Better luck for them in the next race!

Chase Squires said...

I'm humming the Chariots of Fire song in my head!

Hey, now I know what you can buy Aman for Christmas, season tickets to the Bucs ... your Bucs, that is, a lot cheaper!

(and was was Colorado State University there volunteering?)

superdave524 said...

I bet they'll be fine later, JG. They'd never raced on a track before.

Not Colorado State, you big silly, Charleston Southern (and, though I know that is is CU, not CSU, that has a buffalo as its mascot, I actually saw a buffalo as we were returning to the Boro. Might post a picture tomorrow).

Mr. Matt said...

Colorado is the Buff's, I think Colorado State is the "Flyboys," but you'll have to check with Rush Limbaugh on that.

superdave524 said...

I thought it was the Colorado State Lymphnodes. No?

Chase Squires said...

Colorado State is the Rams

superdave524 said...

I thought St. Louis was the Rams?

Anonymous said...

no, no, I'm pretty sure that CSU is the FlyBoys, intrestingly enough, their mascot is a big zipper.

-Martin A. Navratalova

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Martina. Say hey to Dean, when you see him.