Friday, March 20, 2009

Blow it out your Yin-Yang.

Balance seems to be the watchword of late. For every little victory, there seems to be a little balancing kick in the teeth. I had a good- though exhausting- day in Beaufort with my daughter yesterday. I returned home to discover four kids skittering out of my house. Tyler'd gone to Beaufort with me, and Taylor'd been by himself. Taylor had let four kids into the house. He offered them drinks and hospitality. That apparently wasn't enough, as it appears that they also left with my i-Pod and camera. Ridgeland attorney Thayer Rivers could be frequently heard to opine, "No kind act goes unpunished". True, dat. Anyway, my runs will be unmeasured and tune-free for awhile, and, of course, no pictures except whatever I can glean from the Net. I called 5-0 and made a police report. Better let Harris handle it if we get appointed to represent them. It'll be tough give them my best effort.

6 comments:

Star said...

What kind of "drinks" did Taylor offer? Wait, that's not the point. Can you clarify the "unmeasured runs" statement? On second thought...never mind.

Mr. Matt said...

Dave, I'm thinking you put Taylor on the Job. He's knows who these kids are and also, make him accountable for the missing items. If those things aren't returned he works and works till they are paid for.

That's too bad.

superdave524 said...

Lemonade, Star (and mentioning the "runs" so soon after an exotic food post probably was not a good idea).

Not a bad idea, Ange. Maybe like Gran Torino.

Mr. Matt said...

Yeah, like Gran Torino, cept without the racism or guns!

Jersey Girl 46 said...

Sorry to hear about your loss of the iPod. I have to admit it's my lifeline to working out.

Squeeze the juice from the kids... Ok, maybe not humane, but maybe your son can tell them that karma is bad juju, and from the looks of it, they just might need a PD in their future..

superdave524 said...

You're undoubtedly correct about that one, JG.