Saturday, March 7, 2009

Choosy Muthas...

I cook. I clean. I do laundry. I shop for groceries. I don't particularly want to do these things, but people look at me funny when I walk around in stinky clothes, and Lord knows, I like to eat. The Lads also like to eat. Among other things, they like to eat peanut butter. Yeah, yeah. I know. There's some sort of peanut butter crisis going on. But I can't not eat peanut butter. If I do that, the negligent peanut butter makers have won. And I will NOT let that happen. Anyway, single dad discrimination continues. I buy this thing of extra crunchy, and what do I see?

This! Moms? What about me? I'm a choosy mutha? I'd sing the Blues, but I'm pretty sure it's illegal for Episcopalians to sing the Blues. Say, I know what'd cheer me up:

11 comments:

John in IL said...

Fat kids make me sad.

superdave524 said...

Clowns make me scared. Fat kids I'm alright with.

John in IL said...

Watch out for those fat clown kids.

John in IL said...

Speaking of scary!

superdave524 said...

Strangely compelling stuff, John.

Star said...

I LOVE peanut butter as well. But did you know that Europeans actually HATE peanut butter? They refuse to eat anything peanut-butter related. Yet they eat steak tartare. Go figure.

superdave524 said...

They must be jealous 'cause they didn't think of it first.

Mr. Matt said...

As my friend Coach Morejon says, "Peanut butter is a receipe, not an invention!"

Well, it's an invention with which I am down! I dig the stuff.

And SuperD, you must take the choosy mother thing as a compliment. I am often the only dad at Ali's ballet practice, and I'm always the only one at her Crusaderette practice. Hey dad's keep on sucking, you are making me look real good!

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Ange. And congrats on your monster run this weekend.

kate said...

That's a fun song. My boys get a kick out of it.

That video though is frightening.

And you should try natural peanut butter - the kind you have to stir first. Good for you and good eatin' all at the same time!

superdave524 said...

I've had the natural before, and it's alright. Shorter shelf life, though, on account of it doesn't have all those chemicals in it.