Monday, June 30, 2008

You Steal My Sunshine.

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a couple of pictures of the flowerbeds replete with pretty flowers planted in front of the Sheriff's office by a jail trusty. It was nice, I opined, to be able to look at those pretty flowers as I walked to work. It was inspiring, I opined, to see the care that trusty took with those flowers, even though he didn't have to work so hard.
Well, the Sheriff's office has moved (see the sign?). I wonder if they'll let Robert, the trusty, continue to maintain the flowers when the Sheriff's office is gone?

Guess not. Damn. They stole my sunshine.

10 comments:

Star said...

I saw a special about a group who goes out in the middle of the night and cleans up the 'hood or plants flowers or builds things for the locals. Maybe its YOUR turn to bring in the sunshine...

superdave524 said...

It's a pretty cool idea. Just bugs me that they actually pulled up the flowers. I trust that they at least replanted them.

Anonymous said...

Maybe they moved them?

Anonymous said...

Damn. Same thought at the same time.

superdave524 said...

Actually, John, I think it's kinda cool when a couple of comments are being written on the same thought at the same time. Whenever I post a question moments after someone else has just answered it, I think, well, maybe they'll check the time of the comments...

Chase Squires said...

At least they weren't on fire... they might have canceled your day at work ... :-)

superdave524 said...

A cancelled day of work? No problem. A cancelled day of pre-purchased pain? Now THAT sucks!

Mr. Matt said...

Oh, we still got plenty of pain, but we had to earn it 12 ounces at a time!

Be cool, Arkansas, here we come, Sioux-E!

superdave524 said...

Man, you got the best substitute race you coulda asked for, didn't you?

Mr. Matt said...

We took that race and we replanted it using the manure from Western States!