Monday, June 2, 2008

Running Joke.

I didn't sleep well last night. My A/C's on the fritz. It was mid-nineties yesterday, and still pretty warm at night. I opened the windows, but buzzing, bumping, biting creatures evidently liked my house better than they liked my yard, and made social calls through the night. At one a.m., when I finally figured out that my space heater had a "fan only" feature, I finally dispersed the critters and cooled down enough to grab some Z's. Five and a half hours later, I argued with myself about running. I lost/won the argument, so I ran. Didn't want to, though. Oh, you might have to click on Andy's strip to read it.

7 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Oh, Andy, you loveable old wife-beating drunk!

superdave524 said...

Aw, that's not fair, Chase. Andy Capp's a drunk, but I never saw where he was violent (with her. Opposing soccer players, yeah, but not Flo).

Star said...

You feel better after you ran though, right? Yeah I moan and complain about getting up early, but honestly I'd be MUCH grumpier had I not gone running or cross-training. Another battle won for you, my friend.

Chase Squires said...

Oh, I beg to differ, it's been many years since I've seen Andy Capp, but I remember he and Flo were always fighting, not arguing, but trading blows ...

So, I went to the oracle (wikipedia) and found this ...

"He was always seen with a cigarette dangling from his lip until the 1980s, perhaps because this was when Reg gave up smoking himself. Similarly, he no longer indulges in fisticuffs with Florrie, because of concerns about the depiction of domestic violence. Instead, they now attend marriage counseling."

How PC.

superdave524 said...

You're right, Star, I did feel better. Mellower, though still tired. I'm going to persevere.

I remember the fisticuffs, Chase, but my recollection was that Flo did most of the dealing. Maybe we could find some old ones to post?

Mr. Matt said...

I'm with Chaser and SuperD, I remember Flo gave as good as she got. But it does show how PC we are now; however, in this case it's a good thing, and if you say different, I'll sock ya!

superdave524 said...

Whoa, now! Easy, champ. Put the broken beer bottle down, and slowly walk away...