Thursday, June 26, 2008

Smackdown Smackdown 4: Music

All right, we've got the first three slots filled. My brother, amazing ultra-runner AndyMan, nominated Billy Jack. He was actually kinda responsible for the other two, as well: "Rocky" popped into my head when I was thinking of broheim getting ready for the Western States 100-miler in Auburn, CA, and it was the A-Man who preached the Gospel according to Tyler Durden to me (Tyler Durden being a (doubly) fictional character in Fight Club). Sadly, I was catching up with Chase this a.m. on his blog Chase'sDirtyThoughts , and it's looking like Andy, Chase, and the other runners trying to conquer the Grand Slam of ultra-running, are going to have to find a replacement for the first race, as wildfires in CA may have forced the cancellation of Western States this year. Well, Ange, at least you had a hand in three of the four Smackdown nominees.

I can't decide the final slot. Chase and Star offered support (and kickboxing retribution); John, Col, and Kate served up some song support. John's punch-list included for some work by, or about, Johnny Cash. John, here's a good "get tough" song Johnny Cash sang to the tough kids at San Quentin Prison:


Col's bringing some NY Street tough to the party with the Wu Tang Clan.



Kate cited some language from Cherry Bomb- one of my favorite John Mellancamp songs- but you know, there's another Mellancamp song that's really about the Fight.



So, we got three movies and we'll have one song. I'll add the poll tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, SuperD. My first time on your blog. Just wanted to say "hi".

GatorFan (SD)

kate said...

I'm thinking these are quite the testosterone-filled postings lately.

Still. I like them. Hope that doesn't make me more of a guy.

John in IL said...

col's choice...a little too, er, urban for me. kate's/your choice...I can get democrat talking points anywhere. I vote for Johnny Cash and his ode to beating up his father and how it brought them closer together.

superdave524 said...

Steverino, great to see you! I hope you are at least moderately entertained.

Kate, no one in their right mind would mistake you for a dude (especially with that outfit). I go through the testosteroni stuff from time to time, on account of I'm a dude. About every tenth post I'll do flowers or something. Does Saturday work for you?

John, I'm not surprised at your vote. It was basically your idea, afterall (I'm pretty much between that and Mellencamp at the minizzle).