Saturday, November 7, 2009

Slow Adults Running.


I covered 20 miles today. I's gonna say "ran", but that would be grossly misleading. Since my last 20 miler about a month ago, I've done precious little to maintain the base I've built up over the past few months. Today, it showed. It was painful, slow and cold. Went out about 6 this morning, and the bank clock showed 38 degrees. I'd had an extra T-shirt over my long-sleeved running shirt, but neglected my hands. The ball cap I selected to shield me from the sun was less appropriate than a wool beanie would've been. Oh, well, the cold probably enabled me to finish the run. Oh a hot, humid day, I doubt I coulda knocked out ten miles, but my legs started cramping up at 18.5 miles. Gotta remember to pay my mid-week dues, too.

4 comments:

Star said...

Hey, at least you got out there. I find that I run faster and longer in the cool months. The heat and humidity suck the life right out of me!

But either way, you should be replacing electrolytes (I prefer Hammer Endurolytes)...because you will sweat out precious vitamins and minerals, and that causes cramping. Just a helpful hint.

When is the big day, anyway?

PS: LOVED reading 'The Road'

superdave524 said...

Andy lent me your copy, I think. Cormac is not a cheery fellow, is he?

COL said...

good job SD! 20 miles. you're on your way!

superdave524 said...

Still a long way to go, Col, but thanks for the encouragement.