Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Give 'em the Slip.

I'm selling the Manor, so I need to spiffy things up a bit. Some of my furniture was owned, for a time, by cats of the past, and needs to be properly removed. Sadly, I can't do without it for the time being, so I need to cover it. I know next to nothing about slipcovers. Amazingly, neither does my most-knowledgeable fiance, so we called in the big gun: friend Gilda makes Bob Vila look like a piker. Gilda informs me that home improvement, done correctly, always involves at least a small dose of some adult beverage. Wine was the order of the day. This is the bottle of wine that the gals brought. Turned out that my excitement was totally unnecessary. Truly, it was all about slipcovers. Sigh. So much for life in the fast-lane.

6 comments:

Star said...

Ha! I just saw that bottle in the grocery the other day. Sorry it didn't live up to the name...

superdave524 said...

Yeah, darn it! Well, it's really not my scene anyway, Star. Like Jerry Seinfeld said (I'm paraphrasing here), "I don't have the wardrobe for it".

jrtnutt said...

Slip covers, when made well and properly applied to your furniture can make a world of difference. However, if your furniture gets a lot of traffic be prepared to tuck often. I have them on mine because my furniture is 10 years old, I am sick of looking at it and don't want to buy new at the moment. Maybe next year.

jrtnutt said...

Are you and Diane buying a new place?

jrtnutt said...

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving Dave, Diane and family.
Tam

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Tam. I've missed hearing from you. Diane and I are planning to move into her bigger, nicer place. Happy Thanksgiving back atcha!