Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Well, I said I'd do it, is why.

Just weighed in at 227. Not as svelte as I figured I'd be just four months before the Kiawah Marathon; however I said I'd sign up, so I did. I was joshing around with the guys and gals from the Walterboro Running Club on Saturday, and someone mentioned that sign-ups for Kiawah were upon us. I cavalierly mentioned that I might attempt the half, when Michael- ever the stickler for detail (as I guess you'd expect from a pharmacist)- pointed out that a few months earlier I'd been shooting my mouth off about a full 26.2 mile jaunt. Whatevs, Michael. Whatevs.

7 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Please tell me you'll get up to at least a couple 18 mile runs before this ... or else promise to bring a video camera on the race, cause those last 10 miles will be ... exciting!

Good luck, you can do this. Don't forget to lube up and tape your nipples. (no, I actually mean it)

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Chase. Michael says he'll make me do at least a couple of 20 milers before the race. Race 5 Monday and 5 today. And I will take care of the nipples. Nobody wants the blood streamers in the front of the shirt.

Star said...

1. CONGRATS on the weight loss! BTW, who won the contest?

2. I'm glad I could zoom in on your entry. You WILL run 26.2 miles SuperDave, even if we have to come up there and chase your @$$ to the finish line!

3. Maybe Chase will let you borrow his head-cam :)

COL said...

just do it SD

superdave524 said...

Thanks, Star and Col (though Andy won the contest. Don't tell him; maybe he forgot...)

jrtnutt said...

How about some before and after pics???

superdave524 said...

I dunno, Tam. I can't stomach the befores...