Saturday, August 8, 2009

Road to Nowhere.

I took off Saturday afternoon to head to Beaufort, where my Lads now reside at their mom's, to watch them knock around the other kids in their first football practice of of the season in full pads. Normally I take the back roads, but I thought I'd take the Interstate this time, 'cause I felt like driving fast. It turns out that I miscalculated a smidge.
Argh! Looks like there must be some sorta wreck. The traffic was at a dead stop South-bound on I-95. Maybe I can find something to amuse myself.

Let's see. What is there to read? Damn! Wish I'd've thought of that.

(Warning! The next paragraph contains offensive material. If crude stuff offends you, just skip to the paragraph after next).

At least I brought along some snacks. These are Brazil nuts, but that's not what they used to call them in the South when I was growing up there in the 1960's (if you don't already know, I ain't tellin' ya, neither. South Carolina's got enough problems without my help).

I'm on my way back to the Boro. See ya, suckas.

I already posted David Byrne's version of Road to Nowhere. If you've been paying attention, you know I could use a good editor; well, here's several:

9 comments:

Star said...

You had a "First class ticket to nowhere!" Oops...one post too late.

Anyway *I* know what you used to call Brazil nuts. That term wasn't used just in the South...we had it "up North" too.

superdave524 said...

Amazing the kinds of terms folks casually tossed around back in the day, idnit it Star?

Mr. Matt said...

Star, er, Indiana a geographically challenged Southern state. It is the home to the highest percentage per capita of KKK members, so of course you'd know a Brazil Nut.

superdave524 said...

Racist? I thought Indiana was Axel Rose's home. Oh, yeah. Right.

Chase Squires said...

Ugh, I hate I-95! Yep, I know the term for Brazil nuts too ... Actually, on a trip to south America, I drank some bad water, everything swelled up, it was a bad case of Brazil Nuts from what I was told ... The milder form, of course, is beer nuts.

superdave524 said...

Okay, Chase, but do you know the difference between beer nuts and deer nuts?

Chase Squires said...

I think it's the price. Deer nuts are usually under a buck.

superdave524 said...

Heh, heh.

Chase Squires said...

yeah, heh heh!