Monday, August 3, 2009

Roadtrip: Duluth, GA- Green Day

Green Day or Bust. The Boro to Duluth, Georgia, just North of Atlanta: I-95 to I-26 to I-385 t0 I-85. You gotta know there were fast-food stops. The Lads and their friend, Rhett, striking a pose outside of one of those stops, drawing a "tut-tut" from other Arby's denizens.




The view from our second floor Hampton Inn room was spectacular, as you can see. Well, we're on our way to the show.



A proselytizer gets hold of Rhett and Taylor. The Green Day crowd was probably a tough crowd for him, but he didn't seem to mind.




Rhett and the Lads outside of Green Day's touring bus. A concert rep also took a picture of them beside the bus, which was among the pictures looped on the Jumbo-Tron in the arena. The Lads aren't but fourteen and are already a couple of minutes into the fifteen minutes of fame that Andy Warhol promised everybody thirty or so years ago.



No cameras at the Gwinnette Center Arena? Guess that's it for concert pix. Guess you can check youTube or Green Day's website for concert pix. It was very entertaining. I'll review it tomorrow, if anybody requests it.



This is what I saw outside my window most of the way back.




This is what I saw inside of it.

6 comments:

Jersey Girl 46 said...

Great post. Love the '32 Coupe. Around the fall you will see more of the Street Rods than regular cars in those parts of the woods!

Can't wait for the review!

superdave524 said...

Thanks, JG.

Star said...

So? Was it good? Green Day is here tonight...

Chase Squires said...

Rock on, good times! I love it, never too young or too old to rock! (uh, unless it's a 21+ show, then I guess you can be too young) btw, you're a good sport, I can't even imagine the look on my father's face if I'd have asked him to drive me 250 miles, pay for a hotel room, and then go with me to a rock and roll show!!!

jrtnutt said...

You are making great memories with your boys.

superdave524 said...

T'was good, Star. I should have some sort of post up about it today.

Thanks, Chase and Tam.