Friday, August 28, 2009

Cross Training.

Got General Sessions criminal court for the next two weeks. They're supposed to be picking on somebody else next week, so I might find some time to post, but I can't be sure. I've also got stuff going on this weekend. S'posed to run 10 miles tomorrow morning, then limp over to the Church for weekend festivities. "Episcopal revival" sounds like an oxymoron, but then again, I'm pretty oxymoronic. Reminds me of a car I saw in Beaufort one weekend. Based on his bumperstickers, it was obvious that the dude had two main interests: distance running, and his Christian faith. Bunch of stickers advertizing both. A baseball cap by the dude's rear window contained a slogan apparently mixing the two, but it came off just sounding... wrong. Hat had the phrase "Running for Jesus". I saw it and thought, "I didn't know there was a vacancy". I wondered why anyone would want the job, anyhow. All the loaves and fishes you want, but, well, they kill you just a few years into it.

5 comments:

Chase Squires said...

I thought Mark Sanford had already thrown his dick in the ring for that ...

superdave524 said...

I'm not a Sanford fan. His infidelity doesn't bug me; his hypocrisy and his politics to. Alas, that is the danger of public professions of faith. Trading in on what may very well be a real belief for votes is dicey. Long ago the Dems assumed the populist mantle (William Jennings Bryant, the lawyer that prosecuted the Scopes Monkey trial teacher, was a well-known Dem). Now it the Republicans.

Star said...

Wait, I thought "Running for Jesus" is a man who runs at Flatwoods Park, and while he's running he speaks in tongues (or Spanish).

And btw, you can find "revival" in the woods on Sunday morning.

Chase Squires said...

Golly I like living far away from the South!

superdave524 said...

Star, it is a fact that God lives in the woods. I know lots of folks that see him there.

Chase, as I recall, Colorado Springs, The Evangelical Vatican is well above the Mason-Dixon line...