Thursday, August 20, 2009

2009: a GPS Odyssey

Just got back from Bonnie Raitt/Taj Mahal in Atlanta. T'was a fun, though too brief, trip. Didn't get any pix of the show, because cameras were verboten, but it was really good. I may post something on it tomorrow. Or not. Anyway, we were assisted in our journey by Diane's GPS, "Maggie". Bossy gal, Maggie, but she got us out of Atlanta okay. Are computers running the show? Stanley Kubrik opined as much in 2001: A Space Odyssey lo, those many years ago. What? You don't remember Hal 9000 bumping off some of the space crew before Dave finally pulls the plug on Hal? Here's a not totally accurate refresher:

4 comments:

Jersey Girl 46 said...

Glad to hear you made the show. I am just curious are you some 250 mil richer and just posting fluff? I heard the mega ticket jackpot ticket was sold in South Carolina...

superdave524 said...

Yeah, JG, I may already be a winner, but, no, I didn't buy a ticket. Oh, well, maybe next time.

Chase Squires said...

Glad you're better! What bs, no cameras ... sheesh, I'd like to see them try to stop me. That's why I like the local acts, heck, they're thrilled when you take their picture and post it on facebook or a blog.

superdave524 said...

Too, true, Chase. I need to get to Charleston more. I hear-tell the music scene is at least okay there.