Saturday, February 28, 2009

College Daze.

I'm trying to learn the Facebook thing. Bob Calder, one of my buds from Florida State posted this picture under Yesteryear (you can click on it to enlarge). Like a lot of things in that era, I can't tell you exactly where this was (Tallahassee? Tampa?) or exactly when, but it was in the Early 80's, for sure. Dave Stitt, on the far left next to me, was a housemate for awhile. Funny guy and a great cook. Russ, on the floor to my right, has been my friend since fifth grade. Scott Anderson, to Russ' right, was hilarious and full of life. He died a few years ago of congestive heart failure, but he left his mark on me and a lot of other folks. Russ' sister, Sarah, has done alright for herself. Married to a doctor in Southwest Georgia with a couple of kids. Missy, to the right, is a paralegal in Tampa, I think. Thanks, Bob, for dredging up this old piece of my youth.

7 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

I think that was at Sarah and Missy's apartment off of Water's ave. during Hurricane Elena in 1985. I think I was still living in NC at the time.

And SuperDave, who is that other guy? Kiddie Dave? You look, er, smallish. If it's any constellation (used incorrectly) Dave Stitt's much bigger than you!

jrtnutt said...

Sorry to hear about your friend dying. I am on facebook also and it's been great getting back in touch with all my old classmates, even if I wasn't really friends with them in high school, we are catching up now.

jrtnutt said...

I couldn't find you on facebook. Too many david mathews. you can look for me under Tamira Vega.

superdave524 said...

Okay, that explains Dave Stitt and Scott Anderson being in the same room together. On the size thing, if it was 1985, I'd been running some, not lifting weights and Tina hadn't emerged to put 30 pounds on me. Dave was a good cook, but he didn't cook that often, then. Evidently he no longer has problems finding food for himself.

Okay, Tam, I'll look you up.

superdave524 said...

Found you, Tam, sent a friend request.

John in IL said...

Cute young Dave. I like it. (and you wear it well).

superdave524 said...

Thanks, John.